Iyengar yoga is a term used to describe the method of practicing and teaching yoga that was developed by BKS Iyengar and his family. The goal of this mentoring program is to maintain, promote and protect the genius of this methodology. Based on the Iyengar Yoga Certification and Teacher Education manual you will be guided through a comprehensive mentoring program.
Mentoring will provide you with the necessary skills to find your own unique voice and in doing so teach yoga knowledgeably, methodically, progressively and compassionately to adults and youth in a variety of settings. Whether or not you want to teach, the Iyengar Yoga Mentoring program will deepen your knowledge and practice of yoga.
– Asana: concepts, knowledge & actions
– Instructions: clarity of, foundation & main points
– Demonstrations: effectiveness, appropriateness & duration
– Observation skills: visual, verbal & manual
– Sequencing: asanas & actions within asana
– Teaching presence: voice, refinement & readiness
– Sanskrit: names of asanas
– Philosophy studies: Yoga Sutras & other Sankhya principles
– Yoga teaching: professionalism
– A regular Iyengar yoga practice
– Attend 1-2 of my classes per week
– Attend 2 of my workshops a year
– Attend 1 retreat a year
– Observe, demonstrate & assist a class for at least 3 months
– Have a home practice
– An ability to work independently
– Member of IYNAUS
– 180 hours of Mentorship total
– Required books
Teaching is a difficult art, but it is the best service you can do for humanity.
2020 HOLIDAY Yoga Class Schedule